Okay… yeah, I’m a slacker. This post should have been my A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) from last Thursday. Here’s the thing. The first round of ROW80 ended last week. The next round starts next month. I loved it, by the way. The goal setting was fabulous. It’s time for me to spread my wings. What I’m going to do is weekly updates on Wednesdays (Working Wednesdays) so those who give a darn can keep track with my progress. 🙂 But first, let’s look at my goals for this time around and what I accomplished.
- March: Edit Alley Cat
- I don’t think I did anything the past two weeks on this. I plan to finish my edits for the current scene I’ve been working for weeks, then move on to the 2nd book in the Striped Ones Series.
- Bonus Goal: Maintaining 100+ words a day over at Word Count Union.
- Continue working on New Adult novel ~ I Loved You First. At last count I was at 32,759 words. Now, I’m at 36,602. During this nearly two week period, I missed three days of writing. As you may recall from the last update, I’d hit the last chapter. Well, I finished that. What I’m doing now is going back and completing any scenes with gaps. I’ve finished the first draft, including missing elements, for Act One. I have the final chapter in Act Two to complete and two scenes in Act Three. Not bad. 🙂 I’m quite please. Hopefully come April first I’ll be done with the first draft and have it ready for beta readers. Anyone interested?
- Begin new 100-word-a-day novel. Trinity’s Awakening ~ New Adult Suburban Fantasy. Haven’t started this yet but will after I finish I Loved You First.
For those of you who are interested in keeping track of ROW80 participants, head over to the linky.
Okay. So my goals for next Working Wednesday.
- Edit Alley Cat
- Finish the current scene I started so long ago. *Easy goal
- Finish I Loved You First
- Complete last chapter of Act II
- Fill in the gaps in Act III
- Quick Spell Check before I send it to my daughter to beta read. If you don’t mind reading a first draft, let me know. I’m willing to send a few copies out. 🙂 Just keep in mind, I wouldn’t send a first draft out for critiquing, so it’d be rather unpolished. For a blurb of I Loved You First, check it here.
- Maintaining 100+ words a day over at Word Count Union
- This can be accomplished either by working on I Loved You First or Trinity’s Awakening