I am open for reviews again. Rather my son (Corban) and I will be accepting reviews. It’s been a while since I’ve reviewed any books. So, this will be for a trial basis. I want to see how it incorporates into my life.
Corban and I are very selective in the books we’ll review. Please don’t refer to my pre-2016 reviews as an indicated of the types of books we’ll select. We are all for children’s books, this time around.
Our Preferred Genres
Corban is 9 years old, so keep that in mind when you’re considering books for him.
- Animal books (deadly animals, fun facts, cute animals)
- Books with weird, interesting, or unusual fact (Rippley’s Believe It or Not, Guinness World Records styles)
- Science related books
- Joke books
- Math related books
- Social Studies related books
- How to draw books
- Comic-style books
- Comic books
Corban is a non-fiction fan, but you might be able to get him to try something outside the genres listed above.
I (Reena) have taken an interest in non-fiction also. You may be able to entice me to read and review the following:
- Inspirational books (non-Christian)
- Business related books (marketing & planning)
- Personality related books (focus on motivation, psychological wiring)
Our Reviews Include:
- Cover Art
- Buy links: Usually Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, Smashwords, and/or The Book Depository (I’m affiliated with those online stores and am financially motivated to look up affiliate links. However, my affiliation has no influence on the actual review. Authors are welcome to leave additional buy links in the comments or email me links they’d like me add.)
- The Review, which is our highly subjective opinion
- The Rating
- If Corban and I jointly review a book, the rating will be provided by him.
- If I solely review a book, the rating will be provided by me
- We use a 5-Rating System, designed by Corban
- 1 – Bad
- 2 – Kind of good
- 3 – Pretty good for what it is
- 4 – You might want to buy it
- 5 – Get it now!
I post the review link on Goodreads and sometimes include a summary review. If requested by the author/publisher/agent, I will post the review in up to 2 other places.
Our reviews are honest. This is a new experience (co-reviewing) for us. We’ll be developing a style as we go.
When to Expect Reviews
Our goal is to read one book a week. If we accept your book for review, we will provide you an estimated time frame.
Email review requests to reenajacobs (at) reenajacobs (dot) com. Please whitelist my email address, so my correspondence to you does not find its way to the junk/spam folder.
Include the following information in your request:
- Name of book
- Short book pitch
- Name of author
- Author bio
- Link to author’s website
- Link to book sales page
- Special requests
- Book format
We prefer physical copies of books. Physical copies can be sent to:
PO Box 91353
Henderson, NV 89009
We also accept digital copies. A well formatted PDF or Kindle (MOBI) version works fine. For other formats, ask and we’ll see if we can accommodate.
Please note, unsolicited copies sent to us will be viewed as a gift with no obligation to read or review. Follow the submission guidelines to increase your chances of your book being reviewed.
When to expect a response
As a courtesy, we will respond to all review requests within 7 days. The response will simply be something on the lines that we received your request. I know what it’s like to be an author and wonder if the email went through or not. I don’t want you to have to wonder. If you do not hear from us in 7 days, please submit your request again or use my contact form.
By responding that we have received your request, this does not mean we’ve accepted your book for review. This is just a courtesy. If we select your book for review, we will email you letting you know that we will review your book and provide an estimated time frame for the review. If you do not hear back from us within 30 days, it is likely that your book was not chosen for review.
Please do not harass us about reviewing your book. Just kidding. No really. We’ve provided timelines, so you know what’s going on. We have no intention of leaving you hanging. However, high-maintenance writer scare us.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Disclosure
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) released a bunch of rules October 5, 2009. These rules state that product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received review products for free or received monetary payment for such reviews.
For the records, the books I review on this site, except where noted, are purchased by me unless otherwise noted. Seriously, my pocketbook hurts sometimes. I never accept payment in exchange for a review or mention. The reviews on the site are the opinion of my son and me. Receiving a copy for free does not influence our opinions.
Last updated February 27, 2017