A day late or a week early? I’ve scheduled this post for Thursday though I’m writing it Wednesday evening. Anyway I’m not even pretending to make progress on my goals tonight. 🙂 Before I get into that, let’s look at my goals for the first round of A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80).
- Jan: Finish the rough draft of Trinity’s Awakening (New Adult – Suburban Fantasy)
- Feb: Finish the first draft of Alley Cat (the third and final book of the Striped Ones series) and complete the first round of editing (NaNoWriMo WIP – Contemporary Fantasy/Romance)
- Mar: Finish the rough draft of Stray Cat – 2nd book of the Striped Ones series (Contemporary Fantasy/Romance)
Before January 3 hit, I already knew I’d be changing things around. Really, I was too lazy to renege at the time. For the most part, I just wanted to switch my January and March goals. So that’s not too bad.
Then today hit. I’ve been pretty anxious about releasing Shadow Cat in the world. However, I hadn’t applied or received all the critiques back on it. Well, last night I did. So the dilemma hit. Continue Stray Cat or get Shadow Cat into the world.
Today I finally settled on Shadow Cat. So, my new goals are as follows:
- January: Work on Shadow Cat which includes:
- Apply select suggestions
- Develop a marketing plan (Anyone interested in participating in a Shadow Cat’s blog tour?)
- Set a release date
- Get review requests out (Any bloggers interested in reviewing Shadow Cat?) 🙂
- February: Work on Stray Cat
- Basically just finish the draft I started. Currently at 14,720 words.
- March: TBD
- Might work on Trinity’s Awakening
- Might edit Alley Cat
- Bonus Goal: Work on New Adult novel
- A little about this goal. I’ve been working on this novel of and on. It’s really my love child at the moment. However, I feel as if I should finish with I start, namely the Striped Ones Series. So I haven’t given this the attention it deserves. Anyway I’ve been maintaining 100+ words a day over at Word Count Union. This is on top of any other goals I have. I’m really liking it. I figured at 100 words a day, I’ll finish this novel this year. I’m currently at 17,870 words. So, that’s that.
Though I changed my goals around, I did do pretty well on Stray Cat. I started with 10,328 words and ended with 14,228 as of yesterday. Today I wrote all of 492 words. 🙂 Like I said, I’m not even trying today. I have a bit too much on my plate which I’m trying to clear. That’s part of the reason I’m giving all of January to Shadow Cat, when it’s actually an easy goal to accomplish… or so I’m saying without hindsight. 🙂
By the way, you can find excerpts of Shadow Cat plus some of my other reads on my Free Reads Page.
For those of you who are interested in keeping track of ROW80 participants, head over to the linky.