I’ve long since given up trying to do the two day a week update. Okay. I didn’t try… didn’t even plan it. So here we are, update #2. If you recall during my first update, I changed my goals. Let’s look at them now and see how I’m doing or if I need to make more adjustments. 🙂
- January: Work on Shadow Cat which includes:
- Apply select suggestions *DONE, but if more changes come in, I’ll certainly update it.
- Develop a marketing plan (This is more of a trial and error. I’m trying a few things to get Shadow Cat some publicity)
- Set a release date *DONE (I got itchy fingers and didn’t bother with a release date. 🙂 Shadow Cat is in the world to be loved or hated. Currently, it’s available at Amazon and Smashwords. I’m working on Pubit (Barnes and Nobles), but they seem to be a bit backed up. Anyway, I would absolutely love for my readers to download a free sample and check it out. And of course, I’m not against my friendlies purchasing a copy. 🙂
- Get review requests out. *DONE, but still open to other bloggers willing to do reviews.
- February: Work on Stray Cat
- Basically just finish the draft I started. Though this is a February thing, I’ve been chipping away at it. Last check-in I was at 14,720 words. *Today, I’m at 15,792 words. (With Shadow Cat pretty much into the world and the blogoversary giveaways winding down, I’m going to concentrate a bit more on this.
- March: TBD
- Might work on Trinity’s Awakening
- Might edit Alley Cat
- Bonus Goal: Work on New Adult novel
- Maintaining 100+ words a day over at Word Count Union. This is on top of any other goals I have. I’m really liking it. I figured at 100 words a day, I’ll finish this novel this year. Last update I was at 17,870 words. *Now I’m at 19,327 words. I’m not going to do the math on that, but I have been keeping up with 100+ words a day.
All in all, my new goals are going quite well. January goals are knocked out. I guess it’s time to add a new goal to take it’s place. Hmm… Okay. I really need to finish the first draft of Regina’s Story. I already know what’s going to happen, I just haven’t been in the mood to do the sex scene. I also have a short story I wrote called Unprotected which I’d like to wrap up. It’s already written, but it needs some major polishing.
- Write the Sex scene for Control Freak: Regina’s Story
- Do the first round of edits on Unprotected
- Continue to chip away at Stray Cat. (200+ words a day)
Modest goals and very doable, I think.
For those of you who are interested in keeping track of ROW80 participants, head over to the linky.