So yesterday was my birthday. It was quite nice. The grandparents took the rugrat, so I had time to myself. I got a little housework done (ugh), but mostly I just relaxed the day away. 🙂 It was all about me.
So some of my birthday highlights this week.
- I reminded a buddy I’ve known for over a decade I was turning 26. His response? “Yeah right.” Apparently, he’s jealous because he used to be younger than me.
- My oldest daughter is visiting her grandparents, but still remembered to call and wish me a happy birthday. 🙂 She explained to me that if I were 26, I would have had her while still in elementary school. Hmmm. Seems like someone’s math is off. She also found this awesome birthday video for me!
- My younger brother even remembered my birthday this year! Totally awesome cause he’s more into himself than I am into me. 🙂 Of course, he tried to convince me I was older than 26. Really, I think he’s just having a hard time dealing with being in the over 30s club. He knows he’ll never see 26 again, and it burns him I’m young and beautiful.
- My husband got me this cool card with a button that says “Another Year Sexier.” Yeah, I’ll be wearing that all year. Sometimes people need a reminder of how sexy I am.
- My mother told me about the day of my birth. 🙂 She didn’t make it all gruesome like I do for my kids. She said it was the best day of her life. I’m still ah-ing over that one. Then she told me I may look 26, but no doubt felt my age. What’s that suppose to mean!?!? Truth be told (I got that line from a query rejection), I feel like I’m twice my age. I have got to get back into semi-shape! Go #twitloss!
- My husband remembered my favorite cake! ICE CREAM!!! Even better than the strawberry with cheesecake frosting Mom promised me for my belated b-day party this weekend.
Okay, enough about me. Yesterday was my day. Today’s your day. Sorry, I don’t have an “It’s about You” video. 🙂 You can borrow my all about me video if you need. After all, today I’m just an ordinary person again and not the birthday girl.
So it looks like we had 33 individuals enter. Thank you all for participating! I hope to do another giveaway soon since we’re approaching 50 followers. A quick tally of my spreadsheet (I love excel and the trusty if + statements) showed 258 ticket entries.
So I blabbed enough, you probably want to know who the winners are. Chosen by random.org were lucky ticket number 196 = Ruth (Book Focus) and ticket number 54 = Jessica Rabbit! Congrats!
Emails should be visiting your mailbox shortly. Please respond by Monday, July 5, 2010 with your choice from the wishlist. Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom for the additions in the updates! 🙂
Come back and visit often. Normally I’m not rambling about myself. Instead, I ramble about books, software, and writing.