So I’ve been a wee bit more productive this week than last. Not by much, but I have made progress.
I Loved You First
I sent off the last few requests for interview questions, so now I’m just waiting on those. I have two blog posts I’ve yet to write. I started one, but I’m not sure I’m going to go with it. We’ll see. My mind is really dragging these days.
Here’s how it works: comment on any of the following posted hosted by bloggers then return to the kickoff post and enter to win. And of course, you can always comment on the prior weeks’ posts. So the new posts up for this week on the tour are:
- My Neurotic Book Affair – Review
- Aobibliophile – Review
- Fuzzy.Coffee.Books – Review
- Dana’s YA Bookpile – Giveaway
- My Neurotic Book Affair – Interview
- Fuzzy.Coffee.Books – Interview
- Blood Rose Books – Interview/Giveaway *Not part of the official blog tour, but can still count toward entries. It’s J-9’s blogoversary!
- Self-Publisher’s Lounge – Guest Post *Also not part of the official blog tour, but can count toward entries.
- SugarBeat’s Books – Guest Post
- I’m a Book Shark – Interview/review/giveaway
I’ve actually made some progress here. My goals were as follows:
- Edit Chasing Shadows ~ Didn’t work on this at all this week
- Finish/edit one scene a day. Currently at 8/50
- Get it to an editor (If I earn enough through sales to pay for one, otherwise this might be one of those works which doesn’t get published for awhile. No more dipping into family funds for my publishing ventures. After 3 releases, this business should be self-sustaining, and if not, well… it’s not going to become a money pit.)
- Release by January 1 (hopefully – pending the funding I mentioned above)
- Finish writing/editing Regina’s Story ~ Finished the sex scene, kinda. I also wrote the ending, but I’m not satisfied with the results
- Write the darn scene by the end of the month
- Take a couple of days in early October to polish it
- Release Regina’s Story by November
- Finish writing/editing Injustice is Served ~ I wrote half of one story this week. I’m pretty happy with the little I have for it. Now I need to finish it.
- 4.5/7 complete – Finish 1 story a month so the first drafts will be ready by November
- Polish them in November/December
- Release before Christmas
- Looks like I’m still two books behind.
- My current reads is Heroes ‘Til Curfew by Susan Bischoff. I plan to take some time tonight to read a little. 🙂
In Other News!!!!
I’ve been playing around with cover art. I’m keeping the same style for Regina’s Story as I used from Brandon’s Story.
Not overly creative, but there’s no doubt they’re part of the same series. I’ve been thinking about writing a few more short stories to go with Control Freak. Now that we’ve got Regina and Brandon’s Story, I’m at a loss for titles. 🙂 Maybe “She’s Mine” since it’ll be Brandon’s turn again. We’ll see.
I also dinked around with cover art for Injustice Is Served. I’m thinking about going with this.
It actually goes quite well with one of the stories, which starts off in the bathroom.
Finally, I wrote a post on my website a few days ago and used cartoons. I had so much fun with that, I decided to make a new trailer for I Loved You First using cartoons. Behold!
So that’s it. What have you all been up to?